ENTER TO WIN!
Cross Five Cattle Cooler – 3-Hole
The Optimal Choice for Your Entire Herd
Vira Shield leads the way in providing a complete line of flexible, safe, and powerful inactivated vaccines that protect against up to 13 respiratory, reproductive and leptospirosis diseases.
Easy to implement in any management program or whole-herd protocol, Vira Shield 6 combinations can be used in pregnant cows, heifers and calves nursing pregnant cows. Vira Shield has been shown to deliver enhanced infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR) fetal protection eight months post-vaccination.1
Unlike vaccines that carry label restrictions and products that require cows to be vaccinated prior to breeding, Vira Shield is easy to implement into any management program or whole-herd protocol.1 State-of-the-art adjuvant Xtend® SP prolongs stimulation of the immune system.2 Vira Shield delivers broad-spectrum, field-proven protection against the most devastating diseases.
- Safe for use on all cattle, even pregnant cows and calves nursing pregnant cows
- 12-month duration of immunity label claim for Lepto hardjo-bovis, the most common cause of leptospirosis in the US3
- Vira Shield 6 VL5 HB Som has 13 disease-fighting antigens in one bottle
- The only inactivated vaccine to feature 3-way BVD coverage including cytopathic (CP) Type 1, noncytopathic (NCP) Type 1 and Type 2
- Demonstrated to deliver enhanced IBR fetal protection eight months postvaccination3
- Provides both humoral and cell-mediated immunity4
- Powerful, long-lasting control with state-of-the-art adjuvant, Xtend® SP
- Available in convenient combinations to fit every animal every time without reconstituting or mixing needed Vira Shield HB is the only vaccine that uses an LHB antigen isolate from the US
Maintaining Reproductive Success
Research at South Dakota State University demonstrates how the vaccine used 30 days prior to breeding can impact reproductive performance.5 Compared to Bovi-Shield, cows receiving Vira Shield:5
- Had a 6.5% higher first service conception rate
- Had a higher percentage of cows calving in the first 21 days
Delays in conception and calving can have implications on the success of a cow/calf operation, including pounds of calf weaned, rebreeding and longevity in the herd. Vira Shield can help maintain reproductive performance.*
For all vaccine products: The label contains complete use information. including cautions and warnings. Always read, understand and follow the label and use directions.
1 Zimmerman A, et al. 2007. “Effcacy of bovine herpesvirus-1 inactivated vaccine against abortion and stillbirth in pregnant heifers.” JAVMA. 231: 1386-1389.
2 Chase CCL. 1995. “Protection with an inactivated vaccine against IBR, BRSV and BVDV.” Paper presented at: Annual meeting of the American Association of Bovine Practitioners.San Antonio, TX. Vira Shield has no approved claim for duration of immunity for Type 2 BVD.
3 Zimmerman A, et al. Efficacy of bovine herpesvirus-1 inactivated vaccine against abortion and stillbirth in pregnant heifers. JAVMA. 2007;231:1386-1389.
4 Stevens ET, et al. The induction of a cell-mediated immune response to bovine viral diarrhea virus with an adjuvanted, inactivated vaccine. Veterinary Ther. 2009;10(4):E1-E8.
5 Perry, G. et al. 2016. “”Safety of vaccination with an inactivated or modifed live viral reproductive vaccine when compared to sterile saline in beef cows.”” J Vet Sci Res, 1(3):000117.
Vira Shield and Xtend are trademarks owned or licensed by Elanco or its affiliates. Other product and company names are trademarks of the respective owners.