- BIO-MYCIN 200 delivers oxytetracycline in a unique, patented carrier to treat disease in beef and dairy cattle and swine while minimizing costly injection-site lesions. That translates into being easier on your animals — and your wallet.
Caution: Muscle discoloration may necessitate trimming of the injection site(s) and surrounding tissues during the dressing procedure.
- BIO-MYCIN delivers both the immediate peak and longer duration of antibiotic levels in tissue animals need to recover.
- Losses due to lesion trimming can add up quickly. So choosing the smoother BIO-MYCIN 200 instead of a cheaper long-acting oxytetracycline can save you money over time.
- Consult your veterinarian prior to administering BIO-MYCIN 200.
- Read and follow all label directions.
- For Cattle: BIO-MYCIN 200 is to be administered by intramuscular, subcutaneous, or intravenous injection to beef cattle and dairy cattle. A single dosage of 9 milligrams of Bio-Mycin 200 per pound of body weight administered intramuscularly or subcutaneously is recommended in the treatment of shipping fever and pinkeye in conditions where re-treatment is impractical or inadvisable. BIO-MYCIN 200 can also be administered by intravenous, subcutaneous, or intramuscular injection at a level of 3 to 5 milligrams of oxytetracycline per pound of body weight per day. (see label for complete instructions)
- See label for swine dosage instructions.
- Discontinue use at least 28 days in cattle and 28 days in swine before slaughter to permit elimination of the drug from edible tissues. Milk taken from animals during treatment and for 96 hours after the last treatment must not be used for food.
- Rapid intravenous administration may result in animal collapse. Oxytetracycline should be administered intravenously slowly over a period of at least 5 minutes.
- Do not use for more than 4 days. Do not inject more than 10 mL per site intramuscularly in mature cattle or 5 mL per site intramuscularly in swine. A withdrawal period has not been established for this product in pre-ruminating calves. Do not use in calves to be processed for veal. Not for human use.