Cluckin’ Good Grubs are dried black soldier fly larvae, an environmentally friendly feed supplement or treat to be used in conjunction with our balanced animal feeds. They are grown in the Pacific Northwest, raised on traceable pre-consumer waste fruits, vegetables and grains that might otherwise go to a landfill. Cluckin’ Good Grubs are rich in protein, Omega-3 fatty acids, and are an excellent source of calcium. See our blog post, Bugs with a Mission for Better Nutrition, for more information on our Grubs.
Cluckin’ Good Organic Herbs are a good choice for chickens and ducks of all ages. Herbs have often been used throughout history to support digestive and circulatory health. The xanthophylls in the calendula flowers deepens yolk coloring in eggs, and nettles have been known to increase eggshell strength when used regularly. The herbs in this mix have been selected for their known beneficial attributes and natural preventative properties. Always offer clean fresh water, age appropriate grit and oyster shell for laying hens.
Common benefits associated with herbs:
- Nettle: Calcium, bone strengthening
- Ginger: Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant
- Garlic: Immune support
- Basil: Adaptogen, anti-inflammatory
- Thyme: Respiratory health
- Calendula: Contains xanthophylls, which deepens egg yolk color
- Oregano: Antioxidant for immune support
- Parsley: Good source for vitamin K, D, and A, folate and iron