Made Specifically To Inhibit Mold Growth
Culbac Hay is an all-natural preservative and abiotic treatment for high-moisture baling. It’s a unique microbial fermentation product, available in dry and liquid formulations, that’s made specifically to inhibit mold growth as hay dries, resulting in higher quality hay.
High quality hay is an important forage component for efficient growth and performance in ruminant diets, because higher quality hay can reduce protein and energy supplementation costs, and help improve animal performance overall. Culbac Hay allows baling at a higher level of moisture, to produce forage that is greener, softer and higher in crude protein and Relative Feed Value (RFV).
The benefits of Culbac® Hay include:
- Inhibition of mold growth and reduced spoilage
- Allows baling at a higher level of moisture
- Shortened curing time means reduced number of days between cutting and baling
- Reduced leaf shatter
- Maximized nutrient content through leaf capture
- Increased harvest yield
- Improved palatability
- Enhanced regrowth of hay plant by removal of windrow sooner
- Safer to handle and less corrosive than propionic acid
- 2.6 fl. oz. per ton of hay ranging from 16% – 22% moisture.