DRAXXIN® (tulathromycin) Injectable Solution is a unique, novel treatment that delivers:
Superior efficacy to treat BRD when compared with Baytril®, Nuflor® and Micotil® in field studies.1,2,3,6
Convenient, full course of therapy in a single dose.
Effectiveness against the four major BRD pathogens.
Mannheimia (Pasteurella) haemolytica
Histophilus somni (Haemophilus somnus)
Excellent first BRD treatment response.1,2,3,6
Remarkably lower mortalities and chronics due to BRD. 1,2,3
Effective control of BRD in cattle at high risk of developing BRD.3
- Skogerboe TL, Rooney KA, Nutsch RG, Weigel DJ, Gajewski K, Kilgore WR.
Comparative efficacy of tulathromycin versus florfenicol and tilmicosin against undifferentiated bovine respiratory disease in feedlot cattle. Vet Ther 2005; 6(2): 180-196.
- Nutsch RG, Skogerboe TL, Rooney KA, Weigel DJ, Gajewski K, Lectenberg KF.
Comparative efficacy of tulathromycin, tilmicosin, and florfenicol in the treatment of bovine respiratory disease in stocker cattle. Vet Ther 2005; 6(2): 167-179.
- Rooney KA, Nutsch RG, Skogerboe TL, Weigel DJ, Gajewski K, Kilgore WR.
Efficacy of tulathromycin compared with tilmicosin and florfenicol for the control of respiratory disease in cattle at high risk of developing bovine respiratory disease. Vet Ther 2005; 6(2): 154-166.
- Nowakowski MA, Inskeep P, Risk J, et al.
Pharmacokentics and lung tissue concentration of tulathromycin, a new triamilide antibiotic, in cattle. Vet Ther 2004; 5:60-75.
- Evans NA. Tulathromycin: An overview of a new triamilide antibiotic for livestock respiratory disease. Vet Ther 2005; 6(2): 83-95.
Efficacy of DRAXXIN®, followed by 7-,10-, or 14-day post-treatment intervals, against naturally occurring bovine respiratory disease
Efficacy of DRAXXIN® (tulathromycin) Injectable Solution for treatment of experimentally induced Mycoplasma bovis respiratory infection in calves