Western Ranch Supply was incorporated in 1954, and in 1957, Ray Frank and Tom Warsinske became partners of WRS at the downtown location at 303 North 13th Street, Billings, MT. In 1953, WRS was established as a steel building distributor, however, Tom and Ray were quick to note opportunities in farm store merchandising. In 1959, the switch became final when a complete animal health department was installed and their most profitable department became the manufacture and sale of horse trailers. In 1962, they added a store location in Great Falls, MT. In 2006, the Great Falls store move to a newly built building at 4000 River Drive North. Ray Frank purchased the store as sole owner in 1965. In 1998 Western Ranch Supply was purchased by Keith Robinson, Rob Erickson, and Shayne Vandivort; however, Ray is still involved lending his vast experience in the business.
In June of 2013, the new West End location was added — a beautiful 30,000 sq. ft. facility with a 25,000 sq. ft. showroom, and a 3-acre equipment lot. Located on the south side of I-90 off the Zoo Drive Exit in west Billings. With the added space, we have added a hardware department and a very unique clothing department with both Western and contemporary wear for men and women. It offers plenty of parking for trucks, trailers, and SUVs, and we’re very proud to welcome you in. Stop by and say hi!
Today Western Ranch Supply has many salesmen who travel Montana, Wyoming, and Western North Dakota. We carry a complete line of animal health vaccines, feed and supplements, livestock supplies, show supplies, horse supplies, tack, fencing supplies, chutes, gates, mixer feeders & livestock handling equipment. A complete catalog of supplies is sent out twice a year in the Spring and Fall and you can also shop our website.
WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE?
- Great customer service. When you call, you talk to one of our salespeople who have extensive knowledge of the products we sell.
- Animal health department has years of experience in the livestock industry. You can call and speak to any one of them for knowledge on what vaccines and such you should be using.
- We sell quality products and carry the newest products available.
- We have competitive prices.
- We build all of the branding irons including custom branding irons.
- Corral design is one of our specialties.
- Our Western Ranch Shop downtown sells mixer trucks, bale beds, and flatbeds.