This product has been shown to be effective for the vaccination of healthy horses 6 months of age or older against Eastern and Western encephalomyelitis viruses, tetanus and West Nile Virus. Duration of immunity has not been established. For more information regarding safety and efficacy data, go to productdata.aphis.usda.gov. This product has been shown to be effective against encephalitis and viremia caused by West Nile Virus.
- Tetanus, WNV, EEE and WEE are core vaccinations recommended by the AAEP vaccine guidelines and are indicated in the immunization program for all horses each year.
- Formulated to minimize reactions and maximize protection
- West Nile virus (WNV) is the leading cause of arbovirus encephalitis in horses and humans in the United States
- All horses are at risk of developing tetanus, an often fatal disease
- A combination of inactivated, concentrated, adjuvanted, tissue culture origin equine encephalomyelitis viruses (Eastern and Western), West Nile virus – flavivirus chimera and tetanus toxoid.
- Exceptional safety profile with the smooth Havlogen® adjuvant
- Advanced filtration process through the Antigen Purification System (APS™)
For primary vaccination aseptically administer 1 mL intramuscularly, repeat with a single dose in 3 – 4 weeks. Historically, annual revaccination with this product has been recommended. The need for this booster has not been established. The presence of maternal antibody is known to interfere with the development of active immunity in foals and additional boosters will be required in most young animals. For more information on revaccination frequency, consult your veterinarian.