LMF Senior Low Carb is a unique feed for older horses with carbohydrate sensitivities. LMF Senior Low Carb is formulated to reduce starch and sugar intake for older horses that may be sensitive to carbohydrate related diseases, with critical nutrients presented in highly palatable form that horses readily consume. LMF Senior Low Carb also contains glucosamine for joint health. LMF Senior Low Carb is designed as a total diet for all categories of horses, except young growing horses under 12 month of age, but is especially appropriate for older horses with chewing difficulties and carbohydrate sensitivities.
- Complete feed – can be fed as the sole ration
- Contains glucosamine for joint comfort
- Provides a low non-structural carbohydrate option
Even More Features & Benefits
- No Grain; No Molasses
- Low Sugar and Starch Guaranteed
- High Quality Fiber (Beet Pulp, Grass and Alfalfa)
- Highly Palatable
LMF SENIOR LOW CARB
Feed LMF Senior Low Carb along with free choice plain salt or iodized salt and 2-3 pounds per day of long stemmed hay according to the following table.
POUNDS TO FEED DAILY PER 100 LB. BODY WEIGHT
- Senior Horse – Chewing Difficulties: 1.5 to 1.8 lbs.
- Maintenance – Adult Horses: 1.3 to 1.5 lbs.
- Performance – Light Work: 1.5 to 1.7 lbs.
- Performance – Moderate Work: 1.6 to 1.8 lbs.
- Performance – Intense Work: 1.8 to 2.0 lbs.
For mature horses that are naive to the LMF Senior Low Carb, who may be offered the feed for the first time, for horses that aggressively consume their feed, and for horses with chewing difficulties it is recommended the LMF Senior Low Carb be soaked in water for 20 minutes prior to feeding. Add enough water to completely submerge the LMF Senior Low Carb. The amount of water to submerge the feed will vary depending on the amount of feed provided to the horse.
WARNING: Feed LMF Horse Feeds to horses according to the feeding instructions provided on the feed tag, or upon the advice of your nutritionist. Do not add other sources of selenium that cause total dietary selenium (forage and grain, combined) to exceed 0.3 ppm. Feeding additional vitamin or mineral supplements is not recommended when feeding LMF Feed products according to feeding instructions.