This product has been shown effective for the vaccination of healthy horses 6 months of age or older against Eastern and Western encephalomyelitis (EEE and WEE) viruses, equine influenza virus (EIV), equine herpesvirus type 1 (EHV-1), equine herpesvirus type 4 (EHV-4), and tetanus. Duration of immunity has been shown at 6 months for EIV. Duration of immunity for Eastern and Western encephalomyelitis viruses, EHV-1, EHV-4 and tetanus has not been established. For more information regarding safety and efficacy data, go to productdata.aphis.usda.gov. This product has been shown to be effective against virus shedding of EIV and EHV-1.
- Multiple antigen combination reduces need for several injections
- Formulated to minimize reactions and maximize protection
- Available in 10-dose vials and 1 mL single-dose prefilled syringes
- Tetanus, EEE and WEE are core vaccinations recommended by the AAEP vaccine guidelines and are indicated in the immunization program for all horses each year.
- Provides 6 months of protection against EIV
- A combination of inactivated, concentrated, adjuvanted, tissue culture origin equine encephalomyelitis viruses (Eastern and Western), equine herpesviruses types 1 and 4 (EHV-1 and EHV-4), equine influenza virus type H3N8 strains EIV A/eq/Florida/RW/13, EIV A/Equine 2/Kentucky/02 American, EIV A/eq/Richmond/1/07 and tetanus toxoid.
- Advanced filtration process through the Antigen Purification System (APS™)
For primary vaccination aseptically administer 1 mL intramuscularly, repeat with a single dose in 3 – 4 weeks. Historically, annual revaccination with this product has been recommended. The need for this booster has not been established. The presence of maternal antibody is known to interfere with the development of active immunity in foals and additional boosters will be required in most young animals. For more information on revaccination frequency, consult your veterinarian.