Not all horses’ backs are created equal, which is why the Classic Equine Saddle Shims are often used to create a custom fit for a not-quite-perfect saddle. Durably constructed from closed-cell foam, these shims are designed to sit between the saddle and saddle pad to fill void spaces behind the withers or along the back to improve saddle fit.
Shims are often used to alleviate discomfort and help correct saddle fit issues associated with horses that may have underdeveloped musculature due to inexperience, weight loss, muscle atrophy, or injury.
- Tapered Wedge Design Allows for Raising or Lifting of the Saddle
- Closed-Cell Foam Construction Relieves Pressure & Absorbs Shock
- Supports & Adjusts Saddle For a More Comfortable Ride
- Easy to Trim & Shape the Shims For a Custom Fit & Tailored Look
- Three Individually-Sized Shims for Versatility
Directions for Use: Place shim under the front of the saddle and on top of the saddle pad. Shim should fit between the saddle and saddle pad, and not touch the horse directly.